- FURNIFIED works to ensure that your privacy is protected when using our services. We therefore have a policy setting out how your personal data will be processed and protected.
- The Belgian company, STRAK bv ( “FURNIFIED”), is the Controller of the personal data you disclose to us and therefore responsible for your personal data under the Belgian Data Protection Act (law of 8 December 1992) and EU Directive 95/46/EC. Your personal data is stored in EU.
How do we use your personal data?
- In providing your personal details, you consent to us using the data collected in order to meet our commitments to you and to provide you with the service you expect. We need your data for the following purposes:
- To create your personal account at FURNIFIED (e.g. your name and email address)
- To process your orders via our online services (e.g. your name, address, date of birth and bank details)
- To send text message notifications of delivery status (e.g. your mobile phone number)
- To send you marketing offers such as newsletters and catalogues (e.g. your email address, your name and your postal address)
- To contact you in the event of any problems with the delivery of your items (e.g. telephone number, address)
- To answer your queries and to inform you of new or changed services (e.g. your email address)
- To notify the winners in competitions arranged online (e.g. your email address, name, home address and telephone number)
- To manage your account by carrying out credit checks (e.g. name, address, date of birth)
- To analyse your personal data to provide you with relevant marketing offers and information (e.g. name, buying habits)
- To validate that you are of legal age for shopping online (e.g. date of birth)
- To send you surveys in order to give you a possibility to influence our offer and service (e.g. e-mail address)
- We will only keep your data for as long as necessary to carry out our services to you or for as long as we are required by law. After this your personal data will be deleted. We cannot remove your data when there is a legal storage requirement, such as book-keeping rules or when there are other legal grounds to keep the data, such as an ongoing contractual relationship.
What are your rights?
- You have the right to request information about the personal data we hold on you. If your data is incorrect, incomplete or irrelevant, you can ask to have the information corrected or removed. Annually, you have the right to request written documentation on the personal information we have about you in our account files. To request this document please write to FURNIFIED Customer service. You can withdraw your consent to us using the data for marketing purposes (i.e. sending catalogues, newsletters or offers) at any time. You can contact us either by sending a letter to FURNIFIED Customer Service, Eekhoornlaan 3é; 2970 ‘s-Gravenwezel, Belgium or by sending an email to info@FURNIFIED.be
Who has access to the data?
- We never pass on, sell or swap your data to third parties for marketing purposes. Data that is forwarded to third parties, for example shipping agents in connection with the delivery of goods, is only used to meet FURNIFIED’s commitments to you. FURNIFIED may also supply your personal details to organisations such as credit reference or debt collection agencies for the purpose of credit rating checks, identity checks and debt collection.
- To make card purchases with us as secure as possible, all information is sent in encrypted form using SSL. This means that the information is passed through a secure connection and that your card details cannot be read by external parties.
- For card purchases we work with an authorized payment agent that helps us to check directly with your bank that the card is valid for purchases. Our payment agent processes your card details in the correct way according to the international security standard PCI DSS, which was developed by the card companies VISA, MasterCard, Diners, American Express and JCB. This means that your card details are processed with a very high level of security.
- When you pay by card, we reserve the right to carry out an identity check.
- Please note that if you choose to disable cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of all our features.
- We use third-party cookies to collect statistics in aggregate form in analysis tools such as Google Analytics and Core Metrics. The cookies used are both permanent and temporary cookies (session cookies). The permanent cookies are stored on your computer or mobile device for no longer than 24 months.
- Furnified.com/be/fr/de/nl/be/fr/de/nl may include links to other websites which do not fall under our supervision. We cannot accept any responsibility for the protection of privacy or the content of these websites, but we offer these links to make it easier for our visitors to find more information about specific subjects.
- The content of this site is copyright-protected and is the property of STRAK bv.
Controller of personal data
13 08 2015