- FURNIFIED is committed to protecting your privacy when using our services. Therefore, we have determined how your personal data will be processed and secured.
- The Belgian company STRAK bv ("FURNIFIED"), is the manager of personal data you entrust to us and is therefore responsible for your personal data under the European Data Protection Act (Act of 28 May 2018) and EU Directive 95/46/EC. Your personal data is held in the EU.
How do we use your personal data?
- By providing us with your personal data, you consent to us using the collected data in order to fulfill our obligations to you and to provide you with the service you have come to expect. We need your data for the following purposes:
- To create your personal account with FURNIFIED (your name and email address)
- To process your orders via our online services (your name, billing and delivery address, date of birth and bank details)
- To send notifications regarding the delivery status (your mobile phone number, billing and delivery address)
- To send you offers such as newsletters and catalogues (your email address, name and postal address)
- To contact you in the event of problems with the delivery of your items (phone number, address)
- To answer your questions and inform you about new or changed services (your e-mail address)
- To notify winners of contests that are organised online (your email address, name, address and phone number)
- To manage your account by performing credit checks (name, address, date of birth)
- To analyse your personal data in order to send you relevant marketing offers and information (name, buying habits)
- To check if you have reached the legal age to make online purchases (date of birth)
- We will retain your data for as long as necessary and as long as required by law in order to provide you with our services. After this period, your personal data will be deleted. Furnified retains personal data because there is a legal obligation to do so due to accounting regulations and other legal reasons such as current contractual relationships. However, if you wish your personal data to be deleted, you can request this at firstname.lastname@example.org, and they will be removed. This is also possible if it is shared with a third party. Furnified will also notify the privacy committee within 72 hours of a data breach, unless there is no immediate danger to the personal data.
What are your rights?
- You have the right to obtain information about the personal data we hold about you. If your data is incorrect, incomplete or irrelevant, you can ask to have the information corrected or deleted. Annually, you have the right to request a document with the personal information that we keep about you in our account files. Please write to FURNIFIED to request this document. At any time, you can refuse to allow us to use your data for marketing purposes (e.g. to send you catalogues, newsletters or offers). You can contact us either by letter at the following address: FURNIFIED, Noorderlaan 31, 2030 Antwerp, Belgium or by email at email@example.com.
Who can view the data?
- Your data will never be passed on, sold or exchanged outside the FURNIFIED group for marketing purposes.
- Data transmitted to third parties, logistics service providers in connection with the delivery of goods (Bpost, Post NL, DHL and GLS) and payment partners in relation to the secure acceptance of payments (Icepay, Mollie, Ingenico, Worldline and Ogone) , are used exclusively to fulfil FURNIFIED's obligations towards you. The partners we work with have all confirmed that they also comply with the European Data Protection Act (Act of 28 May 2018) and EU Directive 95/46/EC.
- FURNIFIED may also transfer your personal information to credit reference agencies or debt collection agencies for the purposes of credit control, identity verification and debt collection.
Purchasing with a card
- In order to make card purchases with us as secure as possible, all information is transmitted in encrypted form via SSL. This means that the information is transmitted via a secure connection and that your credit card details cannot be read by third parties. For card purchases, we work with an authorised payment agent (Icepay, Mollie, Ingenico, Worldline and Ogone) who checks directly with your bank that the card is valid for the purchase you wish to make. Our payment agent processes your card details correctly according to the international security standard PCI DSS, which was developed by the companies VISA, MasterCard, Diners, American Express and JCB. This means that your card details are processed under strict security conditions. If you pay by card, we reserve the right to carry out an identity verification.
- There are two types of cookies: permanent cookies and temporary cookies (session cookies). Permanent cookies are saved as a file on your computer or mobile device for a maximum of 12 months. Session cookies are stored temporarily and are deleted as soon as you close your browser.
- We use permanent cookies if you select the option "Remember me" when logging in. These cookies store the home page you chose and your details.
- We use session cookies when you use the product filter and to check whether you are logged in or have placed an item in your shopping bag.
- You can easily delete cookies from your computer or mobile device via your browser. Please refer to the "Help" section of your browser for instructions on settings for cookies and deleting cookies. You can choose to disable cookies or you can choose to be notified each time a new cookie is sent to your computer or mobile device.
- Please note that if you choose to disable cookies, you will not be able to use all features on the website.
- We use third-party cookies to collect statistics for analysis tools Google Analytics, Facebook and Coremetrics. This concerns both permanent and temporary cookies (session cookies). The permanent third-party cookies are stored on your computer or mobile device for a maximum of 24 months.
- The FURNIFIED website and app may contain links to other websites which we do not control. We accept no responsibility for the protection of personal data or for the content of these websites, we only provide these links to make it easier for our visitors to find more information on certain topics.
- The content of this website is protected by copyright and is the property of STRAK bv.
- Protector of personal data:
- STRAK bv
- Noorderlaan 31
- 2030 Antwerpen
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
01 10 2019